For me, self-improvement is really important to me. It’s something I take pretty seriously.
I like making lists to see how far I’ve come and how far I need to go.
Habits I like and want to continue:
1. Calling my Mom everyday for atleast 5 minutes or more.
2. Taking good care of my skin by using exfoliants and sunscreen.
3. Investing in my friends and getting to know them on a personal level
4. Telling my friends or people I meet “no” if I am not interested in doing an activity they’d enjoy. Last year, My friends would drag me along to frat parties and clubs or even concerts with music I didn’t like. I don’t say no often but I do it when necessary.
5. Taking good care of my dorm and cleaning and taking out the trash when necessary.
6. Hang out with more people who are from a similar religious/ethnic background so I have a greater appreciation for it.
7. I pretty much never really party or drink. If I go out, I find myself at a bookstore, with a friend at a cafe, or at a dinner.
Habits I don’t like and want to change:
1. Curse less.
2. Have more self-confidence and post more pictures on Facebook/instagram since I don’t have any.
3. Compliment people more. I feel like I get compliments a lot but I don’t give them as much as I’d like.
4. Wake up earlier and start my day earlier so I can get more done.
5. Be less distracted when doing work. This has been killing my productivity.
6. I don’t really pray and I want to change that. I want God to be a bigger part of my life.
7. Go to the gym more and be more serious about attending fencing practice