I’ve been thinking about this for a while and have been wondering why older American women who are born and raised here tend to cut their hair short, why girls my age don’t like to wear heels and prefer their Converses, and why it’s easier for girls to look sexy instead of pretty these days.
Here’s what I’ve been noticing among my peers.
- American culture generally values comfort over anything when it comes to fashion which is why you’ll probably see a girl in yoga pants and sneakers instead of a nice dress and wedges. Also, most girls don’t wear much makeup because the “natural” to enhance natural beauty or over-the-top full on makeup look is very popular.
2. American women constantly tell themselves that they don’t need a man and guess what? Most of us act like we don’t care either either by dressing sloppily, cursing a lot, and pursuing careers until we’re 30 instead of finding a family.
3. American women are very outspoken. I’ve noticed this a lot lately especially on social media. For example, when most American women go out, they take tons of pictures and usually post them without filtering out any of them for quality. Instead of taking and posting one good picture, a lot of women post everything and anything and it just looks trashy. Also, women love to share their opinion and aggressively vouch for it. On my Facebook, it seems the more damaged a woman seems, the more likes she gets. The sluttier, the more more bipolar, etc. seems to get the most attention.
4. American women always expect things and their sense of entitlement is huge. I have cousins who just graduated out of college and aren’t anything special and expect 6 foot tall doctors to be caring about them.
5. American women like to be like men. I know lots of women who curse a lot, watch lots of football or baseball to the point that they’d probably know as much as a man, and don’t mind being very open about how many partners they’ve had. Lots of them would rather wear Converses because of comfort. Now I was a tomboy until like 7th grade but I’d hope that women grow out of this.
6. American women are very honest about pretty much anything and really have no restraint. I can’t imagine what it’s like to date one because I can easily find out if a girl is on birth control and how high her partner count is because she told me (I didn’t even have to ask her).
7. American women don’t know how to be vulnerable and if they are, they do it in the worst way possible because we all are supposed to put on this front that we’re the best and better than men. Women aren’t taught to be vulnerable and are not conditioned to. Anyway how can we, when we’re getting like 200 likes on our profile pictures and the ego of the average American women is a lot larger than it should be. When they do seem to be vulnerable, they reveal strange things like “I have bipolar disorder” and other weird things that I’d rather not know unless I knew them very intimately either online or in person.
8. Lots of American women fight for pointless things like feminism and climate control. I don’t know if it’s my generation but whenever I hear women who are passionate about these causes, they end up stop taking care of themselves to devote their lives to their “passion”. It just all seems so weird to me when a girl who is my age cares more about having men and women be equal than something like finding their future husband, starting a family, looking nice, doing well in their classes, and believing in God.
9. American women generally have a terrible sense of style and most of what is promoted in stores in places like Forever 21 make women look trashy and not classy. I still don’t get how girls my age take pics of themselves in crop tops or even walk around in public. Also, lots of the trends like tomboy trend or the grunge trend or the hippie trend is not cute or attractive to most men. Also most of the trends promoted on Instagram that is liked by most women is absolutely horrifying and I cannot imagine most men being into that.
10. Most American women would rather bitch about something than do something about it or take the easy way out. I’ve seen lots of girls get liposuction instead of invest in a better diet, better clothes, and an exercise regimen that would serve them longer.
11. Most American women can’t take pleasure in the simple things in life because they want attention and they want it NOW. Lots of girls can’t appreciate how nice it is to cook good food or have a clean home or take care of their man because they’d rather take a selfie and get a 100 likes on a pic or because of their entitlement that comes with feminism.
12. Being thin or fit isn’t as well promoted here as being fat and out of shape. I have also noticed that lots of US women prefer cardio and don’t do weights out of fear of becoming bulky.
13. Most of them are secular or don’t believe in God at all.
14. Most of them believe that they have to be independent after they turn 18 and take care of themselves typically without the support of their families so a lot of them work and are focused on their career.
15. Most of them are on birth control and it’s not for their acne.